The Norwegian Banks’ Guarantee fund covers deposits held by individuals, corporations and associations in case of a failure at a member bank.
The guarantee covers deposits in all member banks to a limit of two million Norwegian kroner per depositor per bank.
Eligible depositors under the guarantee:
- Individuals, corporations and associations
- Non profit and non-governmental organizations
- The State and Councils
- Depositors regardless of citizenship and nationality
Non eligible depositors under the guarantee:
- Banks, investment funds, insurance companies and other financial institutions
- Companies or organizations related to the Group of a failing member bank