What is Guaranteed?
The deposit guarantee covers most types of deposits held at member banks.
The guarantee covers deposits in all member banks to a limit of two million Norwegian kroner per depositor per bank.
- Deposits on savings and current accounts
- Deposits in both Norwegian kroner and foreign currencies
- Positive balance (deposit) on credit cards or other credits (flex loans)
- Deposits on a share savings account (Aksjesparekonto) (not shares or other financial instruments)
- Investments in financial assets like stocks or securities
- Deposits from depositors with unknown identity
- Deposits deriving from transactions, which based on a legally binding judgment, violates laws on money laundering or terrorist financing